Twenty winning teams from the local Leadership and Legacies History Contest held at Windham High School earlier this month, advanced to compete at Youngstown State University this past weekend. Out of those 20 teams, five of them qualified for state competition that will be held at Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, Ohio on April 25, 2015. Winners from state will have the opportunity to compete in the national competition held in Washington D.C. later in the year.
The teams that qualified for state are as follows:
– Columbine School Shooting Project by Louie Howell, Kammie Kiser, Megan Turk and Darah Fall.
– Jesse Owens display by Bailey Rutherford, Elijah Martin, Hunter Shackelford and Devin Larlham.
– Aces and Airplanes in WWI by Tim Murton
– Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire by Gina Brown, Haley Schjenken and Cole Bryson
– Chernobyl Project by Brevin McCrae, Ericq Williams, Dawson Swearingen and Danny Chambers.
Congratulations to all the competitors and good luck at state!