· Annual Butterfly Count for Towner’s Woods, conducted by the “Chrysalis in Time” the Northeast Ohio Chapter of NABA (North American Butterfly Association). 10:00 a.m. August 23rd.
· Led by Judy Semroc and Larry Rosche, naturalists with the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
· Collect and learn about butterflies as well as dragonflies and other interesting nature finds
· If you like, bring your own net, insect container, water bottle, insect repellent, etc.
· Appropriate for all ages, we’ll start on the PORTAGE Hike and Bike Trail at Towner’s Woods, and then hit the Butterfly Trail.
· We’ve had terrific weather every year for this!
· At Towner’s Woods Friday evening August 22, 8:00.
· Get up close and personal as you learn about the species and lives of our local bats, and their importance to our ecosystem
· Presented by our friends at Davey Resource Group and volunteer “Batman” Mike Johnson, they will collect bats by mist netting across the trail
· Bring insect repellent and flashlight if you like.
Pre-registration is NOT required for either of these events