Newton Twp. – The NTCA held its regular monthly meeting on May 16 at the township administration building in Newton Falls. Plans were made to resume the repair work on headstones at Pricetown Cemetery which is at the Pricetown Methodist Church. A tentative date of June 3 is scheduled for the work to resume and be completed that week. Volunteers are always welcome. Work begins early in the morning and will continue until approximately noon.

There are a few 2013 calendars still available at some of the stores in town and may also be purchased by calling Lois Wynkoop, NTCA president, at 330-872-3116. They will also be able to purchase at the Newton Falls Alumni Reunion in Warren on June 15th at a reduced price. The 2014 calendars should also be available at that time. Last year the calendar was focused on  the stores on the John Davis Insurance side of town; the new calendar will highlight stores on the opposite side.

There was also discussion of a second cemetery walk for early this fall. It will be done at the North Canal Street cemetery again, but with a different format and different graves highlighted.

The NTCA participated in the Girl Scouts’ Craft Show at the First Christian Church on May 18th.

For more information about the association or to purchase a calendar, please call the above mentioned phone number.

This would be an opportune time to visit our cemeteries and see first hand the work that has been done to repair hundreds of headstone and markers. There are seven township cemeteries. East Side Cemetery on North Canal Street in Newton Falls established in 1813, West Side Cemetery on Ridge Road in Newton Falls established in 1904. Wilderson Cemetery on Selkirk Bush Road in the township established in 1846, Pricetown Cemetery on the corner of route 534 and County Line Road at the Pricetown Methodist Church, established in 1817, Duck Creek Cemetery in the township on Duck Creek Road, off Hallock-Young Road, established in 1853, Lutheran Cemetery in the township on Newton Tomlinson Road, established in 1837, and St. Michael’s Cemetery, next to the Lutheran Cemetery, established in 1930.