The 2013 Geauga SWCD Rain Barrel Auction Begins!
The Geauga Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) Annual Rain Barrel Yard Art Campaign auction has begun and the barrels are at locations all throughout Geauga County. Eleven local artists and groups have donated their time, talent, and materials to the District by painting barrels and creatively transforming these recycled plastic barrels into beautiful and functional yard art. These decorated rain barrels are now on display and available for silent bidding at various locations throughout Geauga County (as indicated below) for the months of August and September. You can view all the barrels and also place a bid online by visiting the Geauga SWCD website at www.geaugaswcd.com. Minimum bids start at $90. But don’t wait for a rainy day to place your bid this year… we are pleased to introduce the “BUY IT NOW!” option for $200. Just include all the requested information and the barrel will be yours once method of payment is approved. Two barrels have already sold with this option! Any sold barrels will be indicated on our website and locations are subject to change with barrel sales. Remaining barrels will be available for final bids at the Geauga SWCD Annual Meeting on October 24, 2013.
Here’s your chance to finally get a unique rain barrel while helping to protect our water resources. Don’t delay, bid on a barrel today! All proceeds will go toward the District’s environmental education programs. Barrels can be found at the following locations:
1) Faces to the Sun by Yvonne Delgado displayed at Lowe’s Greenhouse (August) and Mazzulo’s Market (September)
2) Birthday Wish by Taryn Zwolinski displayed at Blazin’ Bills Restaurant (August) and Mary Yoder’s Amish Kitchen (September)
3) Drain the Rain! by Lachina Publishing Services (SOLD)
4) Mario Brothers 3 Water Scene by Momentum Christian Church displayed at Chardon Library (August) and Bainbridge Library (September)
5) Sponge Bob Underwater by Momentum Christian Church displayed at Geauga West Library (August) and Burton Library (September)
6) God’s Flower by Kay Hendricks displayed at Breezewood Gardens (August) and Lowe’s Greenhouse (September)
7) At the Edge by Mary Samide displayed at Sage’s Apples Farm Market (August) and Bainbridge Town Hall (September)
8) Watershed Wonders by Olivia Hoffman (SOLD)
9) School of Fish by Berkshire High School Art Club displayed at Preston Superstore (August) and University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center (September)
10) The Eagle Totum by Byron Leffler displayed at Munson Western Reserve Country Store (August) and Breezewood Gardens (September)
11) Gumball Machine by the Rodusky Family displayed at Middlefield Cheese House (August) and the Geauga County Building Department (September)
For more information visit the Geauga SWCD website at www.geaugaswcd.com or call (440) 834-1122. A special thanks to the artists for their generosity and to Ken’s Auto Body, Inc. in Troy Township for donating their time and materials to apply protective clear sealant to the barrels.