Garrettsville-Hiram Rotary went in for nuts & bolts in their meeting on July 28. Bolts were as follows :
- Members will be calling and contacting individuals who signed up at the Rotary booth during SummerFest with invitations to a fall meeting, September 23. Save-the-date cards will be going out.
- The club will be sponsoring a hole at the Jeremy Collins Foundation Memorial Golf Outing to be held at SugarBush Golf Club on August 10.
- Invitations will be going out to neighboring clubs, district officials and “Friends of Rotary” for the annual steak fry to be held on August 19.
- Since district dues are assessed by membership rolls, a great sorting is under way to include only active members of the club. Twenty dollars per member goes to the Rotary Foundation.
- Amy Crawford will be the contact person for scheduling events using Hiram College facilities.
- Program chairpersons for the year will be signing up soon.
- Kim Kohli and Delores McCumbers will be attending district membership meetings
- Thoughts are already turning to the big fund-raising event of the year, the Reverse Raffle to be held on November 7.
As far as nuts went, Carol and Al Donnely will be going officially inactive for the duration of a class which they will be participating in, though they will be taking part in as many club activities as possible.
At the August 5 meeting, Rotary met to deal with business matters, including contact with prospective members, ordering of steaks for the meal on August 19, the return to the Hiram College Dining Hall on August 26, getting appropriate individuals passwords for computer communications, compiling names for those assuming official duties so that the district can be notified.
Next meeting will be on August 12 in the Kennedy Center, Hiram College, at 5:30